Why should I whiten my teeth?
Many people find that even with proper brushing and flossing regularly, it can be difficult to remove stubborn stains accumulated through everyday life. Your smile is often one of the first things people see when they meet you and a whiter and brighter smile often can help boost confidence!
With our teeth whitening system we can get you 2-12 shades whiter in a single one hour session with little to no sensitivity. This is done by utilizing LED light, advanced hybrid gel, and vitamin E oil applied to the gums.
THE MOST COMMON source for teeth STAINS
Unfortunately, some of the most common and delicious drinks that people like to enjoy tend to leave lasting stains over time. Some of the most common causes for stains include:
- Drinking coloured liquids like coffee, cola, and wine often
- Not maintaining good dental hygiene
- Aging; which causes the enamel to get thinner and the dentin to get darker
What to expect during the appointment
1. First, your technician will place a cheek retractor in your mouth to keep it open. Then they will apply a protective layer of vitamin E oil over your gums and lips to shield them from the advanced hybrid gel. This helps prevent gum irritation and burning.
2. Next, your technician will carefully apply the whitening gel to your teeth. The gel will sit on your teeth for 20 minutes under the LED light. Once the time is up, you’ll be asked to rinse your mouth to remove the gel and the process will be repeated two more times.
3. At the end of the appointment, a post-whitening gel will be applied to the teeth to lock in the treatment and to help continue whitening over the next few hours.
The final results will depend on the strength of your enamel, as well as the types of whitening agents used (the stronger formula is used for less sensitive teeth).
how to keep your teeth white and bright
After the appointment, there are a few things that you can do to help your pearly whites stay that way:
- After your whitening session is complete, rinsing your mouth after every meal for 24 hours is encouraged
- Avoid intense coloured foods and drinks, such as red wine and coffee for 24 hours (regular eating and drinking is okay directly after the treatment)
- If/when you do go back to having intensely coloured beverages, opt for drinking through a straw to help reduce the development of stains
- Touch-ups can be done three months after your first full session and results last about four to six months
If you’re looking to gently but effectively whiten your smile, book an appointment with our teeth whitening maven, Nicole. If you’d like to save on time and get your teeth whitened at the same time as your lash lift or brow lamination with Nicole, please contact the studio at 778-831-0355 to book!