7 days before your appointment
- Discontinue any topical prescriptions or any products containing Retinol or Vitamin A
- Avoid waxing, electrolysis, depilatory creams, and laser hair removal treatments
- Avoid sun exposure (indoor and outdoor)
- Do not receive Botox or dermal fillers
- Do not have another treatment unless recommended
the day of your appointment
- Discontinue all use of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), beta hydroxy acid (BHA) and benzoyl peroxide
- Stop any exfoliating products that may be drying or irritating
- Men – do not shave the day of your peel
immediately after your appointment
After receiving your peel do not use any skincare products that have not been approved by your licensed esthetician or physician. Your treatment was finished with IMAGE products that are safe to be left on your skin for the evening. You may start your POST TREATMENT KIT the next morning or the I RESCUE post treatment balm as recommended by your practitioner.
SLIGHT REDNESS OR SWELLING MIGHT OCCUR IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE PEEL. THIS USUALLY GOES AWAY WITHIN 24 HOURS. SOME CLIENTS EXPERIENCE TEMPORARY SKIN DISCOLORATION. YOU MAY HAVE AN AREA OF SCABBING OR CRUSTING IN CASES OF SEVERE SENSITIVITY, THIS IS VERY RARE. IF IT IS BOTHERSOME YOU MAY APPLY AQUAFOR (FOUND AT YOUR LOCAL DRUGSTORE) TO THE AFFECTED AREA. CALL US IMMEDIATELY IF ANY OF THESE CONDITIONS DO NOT RESOLVE WITHIN 24 HOURS.
for 5 - 7 days after your appointment
- Do not do anything that will cause your body to become heated or to perspire. This may lead to inflammation and/or breakouts (Exercise, sauna, hot tubs, etc.)
- Always use warm water on your face and do not scrub. Avoid chlorine.
- You may or may not experience some visual faking or shedding of the skin approximately 2-4 days post peel. The amount of visual faking is not indicative of your end results. If heavier shedding is present, do not under any circumstances, pick or manually peel the skin.
- You must take precautions to avoid sun exposure in order to protect your skin as well as to get the full benefit of the peel. Peels increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Exposure to UV rays can cause hyper-pigmentation, freckling and sun damage. We recommend that you stay indoors as much as possible and use PREVENTION + ultimate protection moisturizer SPF 50 daily.
- We suggest if you choose to apply makeup after your peel, opt for only mineral-based makeup
- Do not use any glycolic, retinol, or Retinol-A for 5-7 days or until your skin is back to normal. This is the reason you are supplied the POST TREATMENT KIT providing the proper at-home care post peel. You can resume your regular at-home regimen after 5-7 days. This time may vary depending on the peel performed and each individual’s healing
- For men, do not shave for at least 48 hours after peel.
FOR 10 DAYS FOLLOWING your appointment
To avoid injury to the skin please do not:
- peel, pick, scrape or abrade the skin
have electrolysis or laser treatment
use tanning beds or sunbathe
perform certain hair services using chemicals
facial wax, thread or use depilatory products
receive aesthetic injections
have another treatment until your esthetician advises you to do so
- You may have minor redness for 12+ hours. Peeling may occur after 3-5 days.
- In some cases you may not peel at all; a higher strength can be used next visit. The treatment still has therapeutic effects even in the absence of visible peeling.
- Chemical peels temporarily make your skin more dry and sensitive. Your normal products may cause irritation after the peel. Until your skin returns to normal, apply only recommended products as frequently as needed and wash skin with cool water.
- DON’T pick or peel your skin as it is healing.
- Expect visible results in 2-4 weeks once skin has healed.
- Always apply SPF 50
- For best results, a series of 6-8 peels at 2-4 week intervals is suggested. Using the correct at-home care regimen to keep the results and corrections ongoing is also suggested. Your esthetician can help you decide which products would work best for you! To book your next peel and view our peel packages, view our online booking here!